THE REST OF MY DAMN LIFE: A Ranting Klown Series

 

PASSING RUGBY STYLE: Pt II

(Daria finds herself confronted with the adult world, while Christie comes to a resolution about her estranged father)

 

Scene I (Int, Night, Pimento)

 

(Brad is backstage, warming up with the other members of the Random Pigeons; he looks out from behind the curtains to find a swelling crowd)

 

KEYBOADRER

Looks like that convict is good for something after all

 

BRAD

What?....yeah....big crowd....

 

KEYBOARDER

Mate, everything alright? You seem a bit distracted....

 

BRAD

Yeah, I'm cool, just looking for my friends....

 

(Camera switches to the Randy Goat, on stage)

 

RANDY

Well folks, in association with the Pimento, and RCR, we are proud to present RCR's most played band, give it up for The Random Pigeons!

 

(The 5 members of the RP come onto the stage, to riotous applause)

 

(Brad walks up to the mic)

 

BRAD

Hey, we're the Random Pigeons, thanks for coming out tonight. Tonight, we debut a new song, "My Post Modern girl with the Mona Lisa smile", cool...not much else left to say....(looks over crowd)......oh yeah, don't forget to pick up our album at the door.

 

(Band start playing, but Brad still scans the crowd)

 

Scene II (Ext, Morning, Lake)

 

(Christie gets out of a taxi, near a picturesque lake)

 

CHRISTIE

Thanks.

 

(She looks around at the lake, and then goes to the waters edge, and starts to skim stones, all the while pondering a weighty issue)

 

(A girl about Christie's age approaches)

 

GIRL

I guess some habits die hard.

 

(Christie turns around)

 

CHRISTIE

Now that's a voice I haven't heard in a while

 

GIRL

And that's a face I haven't seen around here in a while

 

CHRISTIE

Yeah, well, you know. I just had to get out of here. So how have you been?

 

GIRL

Oh you know, all the trials and tribulations of being a gay girl in a small American town.

 

CHRISTIE

I still don't understand why you stayed, I mean, after they discovered us...you know...

 

GIRL

Hard to forget. Well, I guess that I had to stare my demons down, you know? So, what are you doing back in town?

 

CHRISTIE

Staring my demons down, but the demons are much too large, how do you do it?

 

GIRL

I get the stares, I get the cold shoulders, I get the warm beer at the bar, but I get by.

 

CHRISTIE

How?

 

GIRL

Because that's what being out and proud means. Being able to live your life. You can't expect unconditional acceptance, because I don't think that will happen in our lifetimes, being out and proud means being able to block out all the negativity, and to just live your life.

 

CHRISTIE

I wish it were that simple in my life, being gay has lost me the love of a father.

 

GIRL

Really? You could have fooled me.

 

CHRISTIE

What do you mean?

 

GIRL

He still speaks about you

 

CHRISTIE

On the evils of being gay?

 

GIRL

No, he gives the town updates about how you're doing at Raft, it's not just your mom who reads those letters. He tells us, but there is a tinge of regret in his voice.

 

CHRISTIE

The regret of having a gay, adopted daughter?

 

GIRL

No, I think its something else. If you're so concerned about your parents, why didn't you ever try to look up your natural parents?

 

CHRISTIE

Because they abandoned me...I guess that's why this hurts so much, being abandoned...again...

 

GIRL

Maybe I shouldn't be the one you should be telling this to

 

CHRISTIE

Perhaps, in time...

 

GIRL

So, got a special someone at Raft?

 

CHRISTIE

Actually, yes....surprisingly, I thought I was the only gay woman in Boston, I was wrong, deliciously wrong...

 

GIRL

Oh....ok then....(looks down at feet)

 

CHRISTIE

You know...you'll always be my first, and there's nobody that can take that away...

 

GIRL

I know...it's just that...

 

CHRISTIE

Talking about it still painful?

 

GIRL

I guess....

 

CHRISTIE

Well, let's not talk, let's just sit here skimming stones...whiling away our youth...

 

(Christie and girl start skimming stones)

 

Scene III (Int, Day, Pizza King)

 

JANE

So, Neill, what do you think of our national dish?

 

NEILL

That is just god awful....how do you girls eat this stuff?

 

DARIA

Hey, we don't mock your national dish

 

NEILL

You can't mock beer, its above reproach.

 

JANE

So, you two crazy kids, tell me all about college life

 

DARIA

Well, the administration's corrupt, they have us renting our dorms for the tax break, and the work is equivalent to what a small rodent could do......blindfolded

 

NEILL

Not to mention the parties

 

JANE

I bet you get invited to all the parties, don't you Mr Football Stud?

 

NEILL

You know it spunky

 

DARIA

I think I'll go to the bathroom to powder my nose, and then throw up

 

JANE

Okay then, don't hurry back

 

(Daria leaves)

 

NEILL

Any chance of a root? Or is this just to piss off Daria?

 

JANE

I assume a 'root' is me having sex with you, and to 'piss off' means embarrass the hell out of, so no, and yes

 

NEILL

Damn

 

JANE

It's not you, I'm just waiting...that's all

 

NEILL

One of those, no sex-until marriage girls eh?

 

JANE

No, just no sex until 11AM moving day

 

NEILL

Maybe I'll come back then....

 

JANE

I'd like that....so.....this is our chance to swap Intel on Daria

 

NEILL

Cool, I'll need some background into Daria's ex, and why she always seems so damn confused about everything.

 

JANE

And I'll be needing info on this 'Brad' guy, and this friend Daria has

 

NEILL

Well, Brad, what can I say, musician, a few bricks short of a wall, but a good bloke. Christie, smart, funny, hot, she and Daria are really good friends.

 

JANE

Sounds like you have a crush on this Christie girl

 

NEILL

Well, in all honesty, yeah, I do, but she's gay so....

 

JANE

Gay?

 

NEILL

Yeah, freak you out? Oh, by 'good friends', I actually mean good friends, Christie has a girlfriend.

 

JANE

Oh, it's not that, it's just that the whole gay thing....I've had some bad experiences

 

NEILL

Hang on, just let me picture this 'bad experience'....hmmmm....nice....leather or lace?

 

(Jane kicks Neill under the table)

 

NEILL

Ow! Ok, spunky, your turn.

 

JANE

Well, Tom is Tom. He's a really caring guy, who shares Daria's love of heady literature and films I can't possibly understand, probably why they hooked up, me and Tom never got along after the first couple of months.....

 

NEILL

Hold up. So this Tom and you dated before Tom and Daria did?

 

JANE

Yes

 

NEILL

And then he decides to see Daria?

 

JANE

Well, it didn't exactly go down like that...

 

NEILL

What do you mean?

 

JANE

He kind of left me...for her

 

NEILL

What!?!!??!! Daria stole him from you!!! Daria!??!! This is Gold!!! We're talking about the same girl here right?

 

JANE

No, it wasn't like that.... It kinda just happened; I don't think anyone planned it...

 

NEILL

Oh...(calming down) I think I get it

 

JANE

Yeah...our friendship was tested after that....it all worked out in the end though, they did always make a better couple then Tom and I ever were...

 

NEILL

Okay, and what about the indecisiveness?

 

JANE

I think she just wants to change herself. I think a few things happened to her, and she decided that people weren't so bad after all...

 

NEILL

You mean, she was even more anti-social than she is now?

 

JANE

Hey! She's trying her best okay!?

 

NEILL

Sorry, but I have nothing to compare with, and I'm from a really friendly country, so she just seems really distant and reserved, but I can see where she's making an effort in hindsight...would explain the confusion to certain situations...oh god....I think when I saw her in the duff, wow....that takes strength...I'm surprised she didn't leave...

 

JANE

You what?

 

(Daria returns)

 

DARIA

So, what are you kids talking about?

 

JANE

Umm...football....

 

DARIA

You?

 

JANE

Yeah, I was saying that we'd go his game, be his own personal cheer section

 

DARIA

You go, I've already been to one football game this season....

 

JANE

You went to a football game?

 

DARIA

Yes, and it was painful experience for all concerned

 

NEILL

Yeah, that game is damn boring. I mean, I can see how the hits may be exciting, but then you stop every minute and replace the side when you're defending, I mean, you should be able to play for 80 minutes....there's no flow to the game...

 

JANE

Wait, you play football and you don't even like the game?

 

NEILL

Cheerleaders

 

JANE

Have you met Brittany yet?

 

Scene IV (Int, Day, Christie's childhood home)

 

(Christie approaches a door, in the middle of suburbia and knocks)

 

FATHER

Oh. Hello...Martha told me you were coming

 

CHRISTIE

Mom did always know me best

 

(Christie enters)

 

CHRISTIE

I think we need to talk

 

FATHER

Yes, we do.

 

CHRISTIE

I'm just going to put this out there, and then the ball will be in your court. I miss you. Being gay is not a direct result of your parental neglect or anything like that...

 

FATHER

Then why? We raised you right. We raised you according to good, decent morals.

 

CHRISTIE

I don't know why. Nobody can pinpoint a reason why they are heterosexual or homosexual, they just are, there's no changing that. I won't lie, I don't agree with your morals, or your occupation, but my being gay isn't a rejection of those morals....it isn't a conscious thing...it just is....I'm not explaining myself very well...

 

FATHER

Well, I can't pretend to agree with you or your lifestyle, but I think I can see where you're coming from. I think that I was just set in my ways. I thought you were betraying me. It hurt to have my little girl betray me like that....or so I thought. You know, you imagine being the father of the bride at your little girls wedding.....then she comes home and announces something that shatters all your hopes and dreams....it hurts....

 

CHRISTIE

I guess I never thought of it like that...I thought your opposition was just you being a good Christian

 

FATHER

Oh, I don't agree with your lifestyle, I still don't, I don't think I ever will. But it was more than that.....you hurt me more than you can ever know...

 

CHRISTIE

Well, I'm not going to apologise; I don't think I ever will.

 

FATHER

No, I suppose I can't expect you to...

 

CHRISTIE

You know I was hurt too......being abandoned like that.......

 

FATHER

Oh....I see....

 

CHRISTIE

Yeah

 

FATHER

I've hurt you more than I could ever know, and yet you come back......why?

 

CHRISTIE

Well, this is something I had to get over in order to be truly happy with my life....there was a recent thing....it reminded me of why I wasn't happy...I put on a brave face...but I was burning up inside....you know?...

 

FATHER

All too well

 

CHRISTIE

Okay....so....how much did Mom threaten you?

 

FATHER

She didn't......she just reminded me of who I really was, and broke this crusty old shell I had......Love can do that...just remember that just because I don't agree with your lifestyle choice, it doesn't mean I don't love you...

 

CHRISTIE

Right back at you....

 

(They hug)

 

FATHER

Now, I have some errands....did you want to come with me......just like the old days...

 

CHRISTIE

I'd like that

 

FATHER

Here (Hands Christie a check) for those student loans

 

CHRISTIE

I can't accept this...

 

FATHER

Why not? I just want to show how much you mean to me...

 

CHRISTIE

I know how much I mean to you, and you to me, it's just that through all this, I've become self-sufficient......I like it that way......

 

FATHER

I see, well you wouldn't say no to an ice-cream from town would you?

 

CHRISTIE

Dad, I'm 19. Of course not

 

(Father holds out his hand, and Christie puts her hand in his. They then depart)

 

(Christie's mother comes out from the adjoining room, with tears in the eyes)

 

Scene V (INT, Night, Backstage)

 

(The Random Pigeons are backstage, with various hangers on and groupies around)

 

KEYBOARDIST

Alright! That gig was killer!

 

BRAD

Yeah....sure was... (Still looking out front to try to spot his friends)

 

KEYBOARDIST

Dude, you been looking all night, they aren't coming, whoever they are...

 

BRAD

I suppose you're right Kirk

 

KIRK

I want to know who it is that you're searching for so intently....

 

BRAD

The Post Modern girl with the Mona Lisa smile....my tutor...

 

KIRK

The girl with the glasses...she's the Post Modern girl?

 

BRAD

Yeah...

 

KIRK

Planning to serenade her?

 

BRAD

Nope....nothing like that...it's just that....

 

KIRK

What?

 

BRAD

Whenever she's around, she makes me feel so smart...it's like...I dunno...and the stuff I write after she's been over...it's really good stuff...

 

KIRK

Sounds like you've got the hots for her....

 

BRAD

It's not like that...it's like...she's too good for me. I just wanted to thank her....you know...this was the only way I knew how....thanks to her, I now actually know what post-modernism is....

 

KIRK

So it's love?

 

BRAD

No.... I don't think so...(Confused)

 

KIRK

She makes you fell 10 foot tall and bullet proof......that's love my boy....

 

(Brad considers)

 

BRAD

Doesn't there have to be like, some sort of spark or something...?

 

KIRK

I'm not talking about lust my boy, I'm talking about love.

 

BRAD

Hmm....looks like I've got some thinking to do....

 

KIRK

Just make sure you make a song out of it....demand for us has grown three fold....

 

(Brad leaves)

 

(Rhythm Guitarist walks up to Kirk)

 

RHYTHM GUITARIST

Dude, it's not cool to confuse Brad like that...amusing...but not cool

 

KIRK

You heard him, ever since this girl has entered his life, he's been writing some really good stuff....imagine what he could write if he thought he was in love with her!

 

RHYTHM GUITARIST

You know, you really are an asshole....

 

KIRK

You won't be saying that when we've taken over the campus...

 

Scene VI (Int, Day, Morgandorffer Home)

 

QUINN

(Into phone) So yeah, we're going out....college guys just go for me. He's from Australia and his accent is just too cute. He speaks French as well, in fact tonight he's taking me to Chez Pierre...I know...Calm down Stacy, I'm sure you can find a guy of your own...geez!

 

(Daria, Jane and Neill enter)

 

QUINN

Okay, I've got to go...no...it's not because I'm talking to you...sheesh!

 

JANE

Another crisis for the fashion club? Is somebody wearing plaids?

 

QUINN

We like, broke up a while ago...get with the times....Hi Neill!

 

NEILL

G'Day.... (To Daria) Are you sure you're not adopted?

 

DARIA

I've been looking into the possibility for some time....I'm sorry to say that the tests came back negative, oh, and Quinn, the lab says your pore problem will get worse before it gets better....

 

QUINN

Daria! Don't even joke about that...my pores are fine...so...what did you people get up to?

 

NEILL

I sampled some of your countries cuisine...and then subsequently lost all faith in humanity...

 

QUINN

You know what's a good place...Chez Pierre...

 

JANE

Run...it's a trap

 

QUINN

If you wanted to...we could go tonight.....

 

NEILL

Well, I'd like to luv, but I'm playing tonight....

 

QUINN

Oh....ok then....(walks away)...(in distance) He called me Love!

 

DARIA

Wow, that was disturbing......so much so, I think I'll go and lie down...

 

NEILL

Bad Pizza?

 

DARIA

Yes....Bad Pizza...

 

(Daria walks off)

 

JANE

Don't worry about her...I think she just needs some space....

 

NEILL

Ahh...she needs some time to think....

 

JANE

Exactly....

 

NEILL

So, we're all by ourselves eh...with nothing to do....

 

JANE

Nice try Yahoo Serious, it ain't working....

 

NEILL

Damn...

 

JANE

Feel like going for a run?

 

NEILL

Thought you'd never ask

 

Scene VII (Int, Late Day, Daria's Room)

 

(Daria is sitting on her old bed, reading)

 

(Helen enters)

 

HELEN

Hi Daria, just coming in to see how my little girl is doing

 

DARIA

Quinn's around somewhere...probably trying to scam Neill into taking her to Chez Pierre.....or plotting the demise of mankind

 

HELEN

I was talking about you Daria

 

DARIA

Oh....

 

HELEN

Aren't you worried about Neill?

 

DARIA

Should I be?

 

HELEN

I mean with all the attention that Quinn is paying him...

 

DARIA

Yes?

 

HELEN

Well.......

 

DARIA

Mom. Let me say this very clearly. We are not dating, we are not going to date in the foreseeable future, we are not going to date ever...

 

HELEN

If you say so honey....

 

DARIA

Are you trying to humour me?

 

HELEN

No...it's nothing like that...

 

DARIA

Because a good mother would be honest with her daughter....

 

HELEN

Fine, so you're not dating him.....but you two do seem to have a connection together, and after he spoke about you in glowing terms....well...I put two and two together...

 

DARIA

Wait...so you're saying that the only reason a guy will pay you a complement, is when he wants to...you know....

 

HELEN

I know all too well.....

 

(Daria considers the piece of advice)

 

HELEN

Penny for your thoughts...

 

DARIA

It used to be cash bribes.....

 

HELEN

If you don't to talk about it...I can't force you....

 

(Helen leaves, and Neill enters a short time after)

 

NEILL

G'Day short stuff, you okay?

 

DARIA

Fine...although you might not want to complement me in front of my parents....

 

NEILL

Eh?

 

DARIA

Nothing....

 

NEILL

That Jane is quite the runner, I didn't think she had it in her....

 

DARIA

Yeah...she likes to run...

 

NEILL

And you like to read evidently....

 

DARIA

Yes....great work there Sherlock

 

NEILL

So much so that I've noticed that you read that same book last week, now why would somebody want to read a book that they've read so recently? Hmm?

 

DARIA

It's uhh...a good book

 

NEILL

You want to know what I think?

 

DARIA

Like I want to know about all about your sordid affairs...but I get the feeling that you're going to tell me anyhow...

 

NEILL

You needed time to think...

 

DARIA

How can I think and read at the same time?

 

NEILL

Well, you've been in here for an hour, and you're up to page 3

 

(Daria looks down)

 

NEILL

But if you don't want to talk about it...that's fine...I'm going to change over at Jane's

 

(Neill starts to depart)

 

DARIA

(Sighs) Fine, I've been thinking about this whole Brad situation....but I keep on going around in circles...

 

NEILL

I'm listening

 

DARIA

This is going to sound a little crazy

 

NEILL

You? Crazy? Never!

 

DARIA

Don't make me sacrifice you to my gods

 

NEILL

I'm sorry...couldn't help it....go on...

 

DARIA

Well, the more I think about it, the more I get confused. Brad obviously has an infatuation with me for whatever reason, and I think he's cute. I thought that the first time I saw him...but I was reminded of somebody else that I had a crush on a long time ago...I thought my thinking that Brad was cute, was just baggage from Trent. Then I confronted myself, and confessed to Trent, I thought that may make the baggage go away, but it didn't. Then Tom shows up, and I almost throw myself at him. Now, I find that I still think Brad is cute, but I know that a relationship with him would be like putting somebody in a round room and telling them to sit in the corner, pointless....so, I really have no idea about where to go from here...

 

NEILL

Wow....chick stuff overload...just give me some time to think about this....

 

(Daria looks at Neill sternly)

 

(Neill considers)

 

NEILL

You know what I think?

 

DARIA

That the imperial measurement system is stupid, we know Neill....

 

NEILL

No. You see Brad and thinks he's cute right?

 

DARIA

Sure

 

NEILL

Then you associate the feelings you had for him, with an unattainable figure from the past...

 

DARIA

I'm with you so far...

 

NEILL

You confront these feelings, and shortly afterward, you throw yourself at an ex....

 

DARIA

Uh Huh

 

NEILL

And you still think Brad is cute, but can see that a relationship with him would be doomed...

 

DARIA

And How

 

NEILL

Daria....I'm not sure how to tell you this...but you're not in love, you're in lust

 

DARIA

Excuse me?

 

NEILL

Think about it. Most schoolgirl crushes derive from an early adolescent lust, for you know you could never go out with the figure of desire. Then you confronted these feelings, and threw yourself at Tom. And now you're thinking about Brad, but all possibility of a relationship is dead and buried....I don't know how to tell you this, but I think you're growing up short stuff

 

(Daria attempts to retort)

 

DARIA

What the hell would you know!?

 

NEILL

I know a lot more than you think I do Daria. Listen, you could either listen to my advice, or dismiss it, and live in a cycle of delusion for the rest of your life, your choice...

 

DARIA

(Concedes the point) Hang on, what makes you an expert?

 

NEILL

I'm Neill. I'm in lust all year round.

 

DARIA

I suppose you have a point....thanks....

 

NEILL

I'm always willing to lend a hand. So, you want to come with me to Jane's, or are you deeply immersed in those three pages?

 

DARIA

I think I'll come with you, somebody's got to hose down you two kids.

 

Scene VIII (Int, Night, Sandi's apartment)

 

(Sandi opens the door)

 

SANDI

Christie?

 

CHRISTIE

I think so...unless the government stole my brain again...

 

(They hug)

 

SANDI

I missed you...

 

CHRISTIE

I missed you too...

 

SANDI

So, how was the home town?

 

CHRISTIE

Pretty good at the end of the day....

 

SANDI

Good to hear, so, sort out all that stuff?

 

CHRISTIE

I think I did......I think now I'm going to be a lot happier......in a weird sort of way your argument with Neill forced me to overcome my demons...

 

SANDI

Well, how could I not get in an argument with him...chauvinist

 

CHRISTIE

Give him a break...he's not that bad once you get to know him...

 

SANDI

I just can't get that day when he hit on me out of my head...

 

CHRISTIE

He hit on you!? That bastard!

 

SANDI

Yeah! My point exactly! First, like a klutz, he knocks me over, and then he calls me 'love'

 

CHRISTIE

Wait...is that what this is all about?

 

SANDI

Anybody who tries to call me their love, within 5 minutes of meeting me, is just a little weird

 

CHRISTIE

I don't know how to tell you this, but I think you've been caught up in a cultural misunderstanding...

 

SANDI

I have?

 

CHRISTIE

Yeah....he calls everyone 'Love', it not a term of endearment...it's like he calls every male 'Mate'

 

SANDI

Oh...I see...

 

CHRISTIE

He even calls Daria 'love'...it's just what people say where he's from

 

SANDI

I've made...a huge mistake...

 

CHRISTIE

Next time I see him, I tell him for you...

 

SANDI

That would be great...god...I feel so awful......he probably feels like a traveller in a strange land and I chastise him for trying to be friendly....

 

CHRISTIE

I'm sure he'll understand...but at the moment...I'm more interested in you...

 

SANDI

Really? (Raises eyebrow)

 

CHRISTIE

There's nobody in my dorm and I'm having withdrawal symptoms...

 

SANDI

You are such a great girlfriend...

 

Scene IX (Int, Night, Jane's Room)

 

(Jane is painting while Daria is lying on the bed)

 

JANE

So then the squirrel attacks his owner...

 

DARIA

Cute story, you should write for Hallmark

 

JANE

Hey, don't blame me, I've sent of some of my 'teen angst' work to them...not one has made it onto a birthday card...

 

DARIA

Teen angst? Sounds more like a Valentines Day card to me...

 

JANE

Speaking of gooey chocolates, what's up with this Brad guy? You asked him out yet?

 

DARIA

No...I have some stuff to think about first...

 

JANE

Like what? Come on Daria! It'll serve as inspiration for a new painting!

 

DARIA

And then you could send that in to Penthouse...

 

JANE

Daria?

 

(Neill and Trent enter)

 

NEILL

Thanks for the lift mate

 

TRENT

Sure...hey Daria...

 

DARIA

Hey (quietly)

 

TRENT

I guess some things never change

 

(Trent leaves)

 

JANE

So, how was the game Yahoo?

 

NEILL

Okay I guess...I thought you were going to be my own personal cheer section

 

JANE

Well, I was, but then I realised that it was a football game

 

NEILL

Ah well, we won anyhow...I got some good sleep in and managed to think of a few things...so all in all, a good night

 

DARIA

It's only a good night if you come away with a bonus sock

 

(Jane sniggers)

 

NEILL

Oh yeah, I get it...sock eh?

 

DARIA

You have no idea what we're talking about do you?

 

NEILL

Not a clue. Anyhow, Daria, ready to go, we've got a big day ahead of us tomorrow...

 

JANE

Driving back?

 

DARIA

Yeah, I'm his ride

 

JANE

Well, I'll miss you

 

DARIA

You'll be at BFAC in a couple of months, and I'll come back to help you move

 

NEILL

Moving Day? I'll be there with bells on!

 

(Jane and Neill exchange sly glances)

 

DARIA

Let's go before I barf...too late, I just threw up a little in my mouth...

 

Scene X (Int, Day, Daria and Neill's Room/hallway)

 

(Walking along hall to Daria and Neill's Room)

 

NEILL

Well, that was a weird and wonderful trip, it was really grouse to see American Suburbia up close

 

DARIA

Well I learnt how to sum up experiences with a nice line to round out an adventure...

 

(They see Sandi slumped against the door)

 

DARIA

Sandi? Is Christie okay?

 

SANDI

She's fine, I wanted to talk to Neill

 

NEILL

You sure you're not just here to berate me? You'd better hop along Daria...

 

(Daria enters and closes door)

 

NEILL

What the hell do you want?

 

SANDI

I wanted to apologise...

 

NEILL

Apologise?

 

SANDI

Yeah, I think we got off on the wrong foot

 

NEILL

I'd agree with that...

 

SANDI

I didn't realise that you calling me 'love' wasn't you know...some sort of antipodean pick up line...

 

NEILL

Oh...crap...I've been calling everybody 'luv', perhaps I should curb my use of it...so you seriously thought I was trying to root you?

 

SANDI

Root?

 

NEILL

Have sex with

 

SANDI

Well, kinda...

 

NEILL

Well, I wasn't...I was buggered from the Swedish Gymnasts after all...

 

SANDI

Well, it doesn't change the fact that I think you're a bit of a chauvinist...

 

NEILL

For my cavorting lifestyle?

 

SANDI

Exactly

 

NEILL

Well, put yourself in my shoes. You're in a country where you're different. You feel cut off from your homeland, because it feels every bit of 20,000 kilometers away, if you had an accent that made the girls weak at the knees; you'd find it a small consolation...

 

SANDI

I suppose you have a point

 

NEILL

Besides, we're all adults here...although not legally...damn law...so we all know what we are doing, and the girls that sleep with me know what they are doing too....

 

SANDI

Well, do you want to start again...for Christie's sake?

 

NEILL

Ok

 

(They shake hands)

 

SANDI

Hi, I'm Sandi, Christie's girlfriend

 

NEILL

G'Day Lu.....mate....I'm Christie's mate...

 

END

 

-What is the next step for Daria and Brad? Will Neill become homesick? What will become of the Deans treatment of the International students? Will Christie find happiness? Who will win the World Cup? These questions and more, answered in coming episodes-

 

(Authors Notes)

 

**I've now come up with the magical number of 14 episodes per season, so Jane will move into BFAC in episode 15**

 

*Questions? Comments? Bribery Allegations? Ranting_klown@hotmail.com *