Daria Pie Author's note: Who was it that said that all good things must come to an end? Somehow, the staffers at MTV must've thought so; after five seasons, they've chosen to--ugh--cancel one of their best cartoon shows. Farewell, Daria!! We'll miss you; as such, let's give her and her bunch the best tribute possible--melding the Daria universe with Don Mc Clean's immortal American Pie..... P.S.:Daria is a trademark of MTV, while American Pie itself is written by Don Mclean. Daria Morgendorffer: 1st & 6th lead & harmony vocal & string synth Trent Lane: 2nd lead & harmony vocal & electric 6 string guitar Jane Lane: 3rd lead & harmony vocal & effects synth Quinn Morgendorffer: 4th lead & harmony vocal & organ synth Brittany Taylor: 5th lead & harmony vocal & drums Kevin Thomson: Harmony vocal & upright piano Michael "Mack" Jordan: Harmony vocal & acoustic 6 string guitar Jodie Landon: Harmony vocal & electric bass guitar Trent: OK, Daria, you go first Daria: A long, long time ago, I remember when I had my Mona Lisa smile. After Beavis and Butt Head, there was my show, and boy, my fans started to grow. It proved it pays to be a cynic.... for a while.... But 2001 made me shiver with each show MTV would deliver Bad news from the bosses --we couldn't take the losses I don't remember if Stacy cried when we learned our MTV ratings did subside As least we didn't try suicide the day....our show just....died. So-- Chorus: Bye, bye, Ms. Sweet Daria Pie We made money to act funny here at ol' Lawndale High But it's all over now, so let's all break down and cry Sobbing, "It ain't right our show must now die, It ain't right our show must now die." Daria: Do your thing, Trent. Trent: Mystik Sprial was my fame even if we would change the name; for Max, Nick and Jesse told me so I first met Daria somehow, someway en route to Alterna Palooza that day --and maybe dance with Daria so slow. At first we were smitten to a tee while Janey took off with Jesse They found some helpful corn-- and a new band name was born. Now I'll admit I dress kinda rank and ride in a van we call The Tank but we're laughing on the way to the bank, the day, our show just died. And we're singin'-- Chorus (repeat) Trent: Go from here, Janey!! Jane: Now for six years, I had my arts and stuff, so why do I feel like it ain't enough? For it ain't what it used to be. There were the murals I made for the dance party and Quinn complained they were bloody What does she know, when such stuff don't bother me.....? So while Sandi was lookin' down, Quinn went and stole her fashion crown The Fashion Club was adjourned and ol' Sandi never returned. So while Quinn's bunch read Waif magazine Kevin and Brittany would act so mean and Upchuck would play the love machine the day our show just died. And he was singin'-- Chorus (repeat) Brittany: Sing one, Quinn!! Quinn: Helter skelter in Lawndale's swelter The Fashion Club was in the Cashman's shelter But my luck was fallin' FA--------ST....!! Our credit cards just wouldn't last Worse still, the Griffin brothers made a foward pass--and poor Sandi's laid up at home, in a cast. Datin' at Chez Pierre was in bloom, while a boy band played a romance tune The three J's got up to dance-- but they never got the chance!! You see, my folks griped at me for playin' the field Though I begged them, they refused to yield So does Tiffany remember what was revealed the day our show just died? And I was singin'-- Chorus (repeat) Quinn: OK, Brittany, let's see what you can do Brittany: Me and Kevvy were in one place just two dum dums lost in space with no brains left to start again. So come on Mack be nimble, Mack be quick Mack kicked, that ol' pigskin so slick because, football is my Kevvy's only friend. But one time Quinn tried to seduce my crazy Kevvy who was on the loose Yet no angel born in Hell could break my romantic spell So our romance was still all right and while the stars lit up the night me and Kevvy kissed with much delight the day our show just died. And we were singin'-- Chorus (repeat) Jane: Back to you, Daria. Daria: I met Jane Lane, who now had the blues We tuned in to the Sick Sad World news but it was canceled for good that day We went down to the Zen at 4:00 where we heard Trent's band years before-- but Trent said Mystik Sprial just.... couldn't play.... At Lawndale High, we heard Ms. Li announce a brand new charity --but now, not a word is spoken; Ms. Li's P.A. is broken. So the show you fans admire the most just got canceled, and now it's toast. Sometimes it just don't pay to boast the day....our show just....died.... But we're still singin'-- Chorus (repeat) Daria: And we're still singin'-- All: Bye, bye, Ms. Sweet Daria Pie We made money, actin' funny here at ol' Lawndale High But it's over for good, so let's all break down and cry. Sobbing, "It ain't right our show must now die...." OWARI (THE END)